Your Privacy & Security
This Privacy Statement will help you understand how One Sure Insurance collect, use and protect your personal information when you interact with us. Please take a few moments to read the sections below and learn how One Sure Insurance may use your personal information. You should also show this notice to anyone else who may be insured to drive under your Insurance policy. You acknowledge that by providing your personal information to us, you consent in its processing in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
How Your Information Will Be Used
One Sure Insurance will use your information for:
- Processing your insurance quotes (which may involve sending some personal details to our partners, such as Quotezone, who may be able to help you search for a quotation by authorising up to five insurance providers to contact you by telephone, email or SMS to discuss your quotation).
- Administering your insurance policy including Insurance claims handling
- Fraud prevention and detection
- Administering debt recoveries
- Verifying your identity when required
- Undertaking market research
- Keeping you informed about Insurance promotions and new developments by email, SMS, telephone or post
One Sure Insurance will also use your information for marketing purposes
Keeping you informed of Insurance products and services, including but not limited to car insurance (e.g. other automotive or financial products, or other carefully selected offers which we believe may interest you), from One Sure Insurance and other third party companies such as Quotezone.
If you do not want your personal information to be used this way, please write to the One Sure Insurance Marketing Department, One Sure Insurance, Spitfire House, 142-154 Congleton Road, Talke, Stoke on Trent, ST7 1LX. One-Sure Insurance will ensure that your information is not used for these purposes.
Insurance Policies With More Than One Car
In circumstances where more than one car is insured under the Insurance policy, any personal information for any drivers named on the Insurance policy, including that of a sensitive nature such as Insurance claims and conviction history, will be used for underwriting purposes and may be disclosed to others named on the Insuranc policy. You should be aware that by providing personal information about yourself or others you agree to its possible disclosure. We will also use contact details provided by you to remind pending drivers named on your Insurance quotation that their car is due to join the Insurance policy at the appropriate time.
Insurance Policy Changes
For your benefit and in order to ensure an efficient administrative process, we may discuss with and take instruction to change your Insurance policy from these people:
- You, your spouse or partner, your parents, and drivers already named on the Insurance policy
- If, however, more than one permanent car is insured under the Insurance policy we will only take instruction for changes from you or a driver named on your cars current Insurance Certificate of Motor Insurance
Find more information about the types of changes which can be made this way in your Insurance policy booklet. If you do not want us to do this, then please write to One Sure Insurance, Spitfire House, 142-154 Congleton Road, Talke, Stoke on Trent, ST7 1LX
At Insurance Renewal
In order for One Sure Insurance to offer you continuous cover on your Insurance policy, One Sure Insurance will arrange for your Insurance policy to be automatically renewed. You should be aware that we can only guarantee automatic renewal when:
- You have made us aware of any changes to your Insurance policy details
- The credit/ debit card details have not changed
- The credit/ debit card holder has given their explicit consent to his or her card being charged at renewal of insurance
- The Direct Debit details previously supplied remain valid
Unless we hear to the contrary, One Sure Insurance is entitled to assume at renewal that your details have not changed and you have the consent of the card holder.
If you wish to make changes to your Insurance policy then, unless you inform us otherwise, One Sure Insurance will charge the payment details (card or bank account) held on record for any additional amount due.
You may inform us of any changes or opt out of automatic renewal at any time by contacting our Insurance Customer Service department.
One Sure Insurance may also contact you with a reminder that your insurance is due for renewal.
We may disclose information about you and your Insurance policy:
- In the event that One Sure Insurance undergo re-organisation or One Sure Insurance is sold to a third party, in which case you agree that any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party
- Where it is necessary to deliver the products and services bought by you. For example, One Sure Insurance may disclose your personal information to a credit card company to validate your credit card details and obtain payment. It may also be necessary for us to pass your personal information to the organisation from whom you have ordered any products or services other than your One Sure Insurance product, such as a travel insurance or a personal accident cover provider, etc. At all times, One Sure Insurance will remain the Data Controller unless we inform you otherwise
- One Sure Insurance may also be obliged to disclose your personal information to meet any legal or regulatory requirements in accordance with the law
- To one of our partners such as Quotezone, in order to provide you with the most competitive quotation.
One Sure Insurance will collect your personal information when:
- You ask for an Insurance quote
- You purchase our Insurance products and services
- You make customer enquiries
- You register for information or other services
- You respond to communications or surveys
- When providing information about others who may be insured you confirm that you have the consent of these individuals to supply their personal information
The type of personal information we may collect could include:
- Name and address, date of birth and gender
- Telephone numbers and email address
- Credit/ debit card details
- Lifestyle and other information
- One Sure Insurance may also collect information defined as "sensitive data" within the Data Protection Act 1998. This includes:
- Medical history
- Insurance Claims history
- Criminal convictions etc
By accepting your insurance policy with us you agree to our collecting such information. We are unable to offer you any insurance product unless you provide explicit consent for the collection and use of such sensitive data as defined in the Act.
One Sure Insurance may also monitor or record calls, emails, text messages or other communications in accordance with UK law, and in particular for:
- Business purposes such as quality control and training
- Processing necessary for entering into or performance of an Insurance contract
- Prevention of unauthorised use of our telecommunication systems and websites
- Ensuring effective systems operation
- Meeting any legal obligation
- Protecting your vital interests
- Prevention or detection of crime
- For the legitimate interests of the data controller.
All personal information will be held in the strictest confidence and used only for the purposes for which we collect it. If you would like One Sure Insurance to remove any personal information from One Sure Insurance's records, then please write to us at our Insurance Customer Services Department, One Sure Insurance, Spitfire House, 142-154 Congleton Road, Talke, Stoke on Trent, ST7 1LX. One Sure Insurance will make all reasonable efforts to delete your information from One Sure Insurances files if it is deemed appropriate.
Non-personal Information Collected Online
- Simplifying logging on for users
- Ensuring the security of registered users
- Enabling traffic monitoring
You don't need to allow your browser to accept personal cookies, you must have session cookies enabled if you wish to quote Insurance online or access any areas reserved for registered users. Session cookies do not hold personal information. Without them, we are unable to provide you with an Insurance quote.
Please be aware that our website will contain links to other websites. We accept no responsibility or liability for the content of these websites. If you choose to visit another website via our website, you will need to contact them separately to have your personal information deleted from any list they might hold.
We will endeavour to treat your personal information as private and confidential. Other than under the terms of this Statement, One Sure Insurance will not disclose any of your information to anyone.
We would like to bring to your attention our obligations to disclose information in the following four exceptional cases permitted by law, and the other situations set out below. These are:
- Where One-Sure Insurance are legally compelled to do so
- Where there is a duty to the public to disclose
- Where disclosure is required to protect One-Sure Insurances interest
- Where disclosure is made at your request or with your consent
Also, from time to time One Sure Insurance will employ agents and subcontractors to process your personal information on our behalf. The same duty of confidentiality and security will apply to them and all processing will be carried out under One Sure Insurances instruction.
If you make a complaint about the service One Sure Insurance have provided, One Sure Insurance may be obliged to forward details about your complaint, including your personal information, to the relevant ombudsman. You can be assured that they are similarly obliged to adhere to the Data Protection Act and keep your personal information strictly confidential.
In the unfortunate event that you have to make an Insurance claim then we will need to disclose information with any other party involved in that Insurance claim. This may include:
- Third parties involved with the Insurance claim, their insurer, solicitor or representative
- Medical teams, the police or other investigators
If necessary we may also have to investigate your Insurance claims and conviction history in the course of administering the Insurance claim. You can be assured that we will keep such investigations strictly confidential.
Insurers pass information to the Insurance Claims Underwriting and Exchange Register, run by Insurance Database Services (IDS) and the Motor Insurance Anti-Fraud and Theft Register, run by the Association of British Insurers (ABI). This helps insurers check information and prevent fraudulent Insurance claims. When One Sure Insurance deal with your request for insurance One Sure Insurance may search these registers. Under the conditions of your Insurance policy, you must tell One Sure Insurance about any incident (such as an accident or theft) which may give rise to an Insurance claim. When you tell us about an incident we will pass information to the Registers.
Your Insurance policy details will be added to the Motor Insurance Database (MID), run by the Motor Insurers' Information Centre (MIIC). MID data may be used by the DVLA and the DVLNI for Electronic Vehicle Licensing and by the police for establishing whether a driver's use of a vehicle is likely to be covered by a motor insurance policy and/or for preventing and detecting crime. If you are involved in an accident (in the UK or abroad), other UK insurers, the Motor Insurers' Bureau and MIIC may search the MID to obtain Insurance policy information. Persons pursuing an Insurance claim in respect of a road traffic accident (including citizens of other countries) may also obtain information which is held on the MID. Find out more at miic.org.uk.
In order to prevent and detect fraud One-Sure Insurance may at any time:
- Share information about you with our other Group companies and other insurers or financial institutions
- Pass your details to Insurance Hunters, a central insurance application and claims checking system whereby it may be checked against information held and shared with other insurers
- Check your details with fraud prevention agencies and if you give us false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this
- We and other organisations may search these records to help make decisions about credit and credit related services for you and members of your household
Some organisations have a security feature called a firewall to protect their computer systems. These firewalls may prevent you from connecting to our secure server to get an Insurance quote. If you are at work and cannot connect to One Sure Insurances site, please speak to your IT administrator to learn more.
Please be aware that communications over the Internet, such as emails or webmails, are not secure unless they have been encrypted.
Your communications may route through a number of countries before being delivered, this is the nature of the Internet. We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
It may be necessary to transfer your personal information to other Group companies or service providers located outside of the European Economic Area. The data protection and other laws of these countries may not be as comprehensive as those in the UK or the EEA, in these instances we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights are respected.
Access To Your Information
You can write to One Sure Insurance at any time to obtain details of the personal information that One Sure Insurance may hold about you. Please write to the Data Controller One Sure Insurance, Spitfire House, 142-154 Congleton Road, Talke, Stoke on Trent, ST7 1LX. Please provide your name, address and Insurance policy number and tell us what information you would like.
One Sure Insurance will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing you with details of any personal information One Sure Insurance may hold about you. Please provide two forms of identification such as a copy of a driving license, passport, or document containing your signature, and a copy of a recent utility bill that confirms your address.
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, One Sure Insurance are entitled to charge £10 to cover the administration costs. Please make cheques payable to One Sure Insurance."
One Sure Insurance reserve the right to amend or modify this Privacy Statement at any time and in response to changes in applicable law.
The Data Controller is One Sure Insurance, Spitfire House, 142-154 Congleton Road, Talke, Stoke on Trent, ST7 1LX, (registered number Z9366683).
If you have any enquiry about One Sure Insurances data protection and privacy practices, please write to the One Sure Insurance Data Protection Officer as above.