Classic Car Insurance
What is classic car insurance?
Classic car insurance is a policy that offers cover to a car, or collector’s car, over 20 years of age and with a value in excess of £15,000. You are offered the book value cover on these vehicle types and an independent valuation may be required to offer the cover that suits your requirements.
Why classic insurance?
Classic car insurance applies to vehicles over 20 years of age. Some vehicles of this age have a low value. However, with classic car insurance you can have an agreed value, once suitable checks have been carried out, that will give you a more complete insurance.
Comprehensive/ agreed value cover
Insurers tend to offer book value for your classic cover if you claim for a ‘total loss’. With comprehensive cover, an agreed value is made before insuring the vehicle. If you were unfortunate to suffer a ‘total loss’ you would then be covered to the value of the agreed amount.
Laid up cover
With laid up cover we can offer insurance when your vehicle is declared SORN. This offers the peace of mind that, although you are not driving the vehicle, you are covered in the event of theft or fire when your vehicle is stored off the road.
Why choose One Sure insurance?
- All polices offer fantastic cover and when you call or get a quote online, you will be surprised by what a great deal you can get.
- We don’t cut any corners or reduce your risk to make a policy sound better, we simply offer a fantastic package that is suited to your specific needs and requirements.
- We will comprehensively search a huge selection of motor trade underwriters so that we can find a package that is both cost effective and perfect for your needs.
- You are not restricted to just one payment option. We offer competitive payment methods such as flexible monthly instalments.
- We have a 24-hour claims line in the event of an accident.
- How to get cheap classic insurance?
There are many ways to reduce the cost of your classic insurance, a few are listed below:
- Set a lower mileage limit, some insurers offer discounts for a mileage cap.
- Join a recognized car club.
- Fit approved devices to deter thieves.
- Keep your vehicle locked in a garage.