Buy To Let Insurance
Find the right cover to suit you.

  • icon checked

    Buy To-Let Insurance for Landlords.

  • icon checked

    Protect Your Investment With Building Insurance.

  • icon checked

    Get Contents Cover for Your Appliances and Furnishings.

Call Today for Our Best Price

How it Works

  • Get in touch.

    Click below or call us for a free quote.
  • Talk to our team.

    We'll guide you through policies and prices.
  • Get insured today.

    Pick a policy, and we'll sort everything.

Have a look

Our Accreditations

logo company
logo company
logo company


For landlords, buy-to-let insurance is a top priority. Even if you find the perfect tenants to rent your property, unforeseen events such as accidents, theft, and damage can happen. Landowner’s insurance can protect your investment – which is good news for you and your tenants.

What is buy-to-let insurance?

Buy-to-let insurance, sometimes known as landlord insurance, is designed specifically for property owners who rent their homes out to private tenants. This type of home insurance policy offers financial protection against potential risks and liabilities associated with renting out your property to tenants.

What insurance is a landlord responsible for?

Landlords are responsible for various types of insurance to protect their rental properties and mitigate potential risks. Here are the main insurance policies that a landlord should consider:

Buildings Insurance 

Building cover focuses on protecting the structure of the rental property itself against risks such as fire, storm damage, vandalism, and, in some cases, subsidence depending on your policy cover.  

When your policy discusses the ‘structure’ of your property, this may include the walls, roof, floors, and permanent fixtures inside and outside the property. We can’t recommend buildings cover enough to landlords, as this type of policy safeguards your investment and your own finances if you need to make a claim. 

Contents Insurance 

If you rent out your property with furnishings and white goods, we highly recommend that you take out landlords’ contents insurance policy.

While tenants are typically responsible for insuring their own possessions, landlords may choose to cover any furniture, appliances, or other contents they provide as part of the rental property. This insurance can protect against damage or loss caused by insured events like fire, theft, or flooding. 

Liability Insurance 

 This insurance is crucial for landlords as it covers them against legal claims made by tenants or visitors who suffer injury or property damage due to negligence on the landlord’s part. It provides financial protection in case of legal expenses and compensation claims. 

Home Emergency Assistance Insurance 

 This insurance provides access to emergency repair services for issues such as plumbing, heating, or electrical failures. It ensures that landlords can promptly address urgent maintenance problems in their rental properties. 

How much does buy to let insurance cost?

Whether you’re new to the buy-to-let market or have been a landlord for years, we can help. Our team of insurance experts are always on hand to talk through the best policies to suit your home and get you the best prices on the market.

Find out how much you can save on buy-to-let insurance and call us on 0800 107 0947 to get a free quote today.

Get Insured to Ensure Peace of Mind.

Find Quality Cover at an Affordable Price.

Why Choose Us?

Why Choose Us?

Here are just some of the reasons why you should get a quote with us.

  • icon house
    Trusted Panel of Underwriters

    As one of the UK's leading insurance brokers, we understand what cover landlords need.

  • icon house
    Hassle-Free Renewals

    Renewals are always simple with us. We’ll compare the policies you need and find the most up-to-date offers to get you the best quote on the market.

  • icon house
    Changes to Your Policy

    If you need to make changes to your car insurance policy, our friendly team is only a phone call away.

  • icon house
    Policies at Affordable Prices

    Our insurance experts will always find you the lowest price possible on the correct cover. However, if you send proof you’ve found a cheaper like-for-like quote in 48 hours? It’s money-back guaranteed.*

bespoke image

*Take out an insurance policy with One-Sure Insurance, and if you find a cheaper Insurance quotation within 48 hours, subject to written proof being received that the Insurance quotation is on a like-for-like basis, we will cancel the Insurance policy and issue you with a full refund.

Frequently Asked Questions

Does landlord insurance cover damp?

It is your responsibility as a landlord to address maintenance problems, such as damp, so it is not usually covered in home insurance policies. 

Dampness is often a result of inadequate poor property maintenance, improper ventilation, or structural issues rather than an ‘insured event’. Buy-to-let property insurance mainly focuses on protecting against specific risks such as fire, theft, vandalism, and certain types of unpreventable damage. 

Necessary steps to improve ventilation and inspections to ensure damp is detected early enough to be managed will not only protect your property investment, but your tenants too. We always advise landlords to keep detailed records of property maintenance and repairs as these may be required in case of future disputes with tenants or any future insurance claims.

What emergencies does landlord insurance cover?

Landlord insurance covers a range of emergencies, such as fire, storm damage, flooding, burst pipes, vandalism, and theft.

The exact coverage and specific emergencies included in your buy-to-let insurance will depend on the terms and conditions of your policy.

Do I need contents insurance as a landlord?

As a landlord, it is not obligatory to have contents insurance for your tenants’ belongings in your property. 

If you provide your tenant with furnishings and appliances within your property, it is beneficial to consider contents insurance to protect them from risks like fire, theft, or damage. 

We often recommend to landlords that they should evaluate the value of their contents and weigh up the potential risks before deciding whether contents insurance is the right decision.

Insure Your Buy-To-Let Property

Get quality cover today at an affordable price in just minutes. We'll take care of everything from comparing quotes to contents and buildings cover.