Unoccupied Home Insurance
Find the right cover to suit you.

  • icon checked

    Home Insurance for Vacant Properties.

  • icon checked

    Protect Your Home With Buildings and Contents Cover.

  • icon checked

    UK-Based Insurance Experts.

Call Today for Our Best Price

How it Works

  • Get in touch.

    Click below or call us for a free quote.
  • Talk to our team.

    We'll guide you through policies and prices.
  • Get insured today.

    Pick a policy, and we'll sort everything.

Have a look

Our Accreditations

logo company
logo company
logo company


Whether you’re a landlord waiting for new tenants or you’re finally heading on the dream sabbatical trip, you’ll need home insurance for your unoccupied home. 

At One Sure, we understand that it can be daunting when your property is unoccupied and you’re not there to manage any issues that may arise. With our guidance on the cover, we can help you to choose the home insurance policy for your vacant property to give you peace of mind.

What does unoccupied home insurance cover?

This insurance provides protection and coverage for a range of risks that may arise during the period when the property is vacant. 

The specific coverage may vary depending on the insurance provider and policy, but typically, unoccupied home insurance covers the following:

  • Property Damage: Unoccupied home insurance typically covers damage to the property caused by events like fire, vandalism, storms, burst pipes, or theft. It provides financial protection for repairs or rebuilding the property in case of such damage.
  • Liability Coverage: This coverage protects you if someone gets injured or their property gets damaged while on your unoccupied property. It helps cover legal expenses and potential compensation claims that may arise from such incidents.
  • Contents Insurance (Optional): Depending on your policy, you may have the option to include contents insurance for the belongings inside the unoccupied property. This coverage typically protects against theft or damage to items such as furniture, appliances, or personal belongings left in the property.

How long can a house be unoccupied for insurance?

Standard home insurance policies usually specify that you or your tenant may risk being unable to claim if you leave the property unoccupied for more than thirty to sixty days. 

With insurance for unoccupied properties, the length of time that your property can be vacant really varies from insurer to insurer. Once you’ve chosen your coverage and policy, the period of time you’re covered for will be in your schedule.

How long your home can be covered while vacant can also depend on the reason for needing unoccupied home insurance. 

For example, if you are leaving your home for an extended holiday, then you will have in mind the exact period of time you’ll be gone for. Yet landlords who need vacant property insurance while waiting for their next tenant may not know exactly how long their home will be empty but might need a short-term policy. 

As a rule of thumb, we generally advise that if your home will be vacant for 30 to 60 days or more, this specialist home insurance policy would benefit you more should the worst happen.

Get Insured to Ensure Peace of Mind.

Find Quality Cover at an Affordable Price.

Why Choose Us?

Here are just some of the reasons why you should get a quote with us.

  • icon house
    Trusted Panel of Underwriters

    As one of the UK's leading insurance brokers, we specialise in home insurance policies and will find you the coverage you need.

  • icon house
    Hassle-Free Renewals

    Renewals are always simple with us. We’ll compare the policies you need and find the most up-to-date offers to get you the best quote on the market.

  • icon house
    Changes to Your Policy

    We strive to find quality insurance at low prices. However, if you find cheaper quotes in 48 hours? It’s money-back guaranteed.

  • icon house
    Policies at Affordable Prices

    Our insurance experts will always find you the lowest price possible on the correct cover. However, if you send proof you’ve found a cheaper like-for-like quote in 48 hours? It’s money-back guaranteed.*

bespoke image

*Take out an insurance policy with One-Sure Insurance, and if you find a cheaper Insurance quotation within 48 hours, subject to written proof being received that the Insurance quotation is on a like-for-like basis, we will cancel the Insurance policy and issue you with a full refund.

Insure Your Unoccupied Property

Get quality cover today at an affordable price in just minutes. We'll take care of everything from comparing quotes to contents and buildings cover.